CALL FOR PAPERS: In response the current circumstances that we are experiencing, with the massive spreading of Covid-19 from the Far East to Europe, to the US and to the rest of the world, "Substantia. An International Journal of the History of Chemistry" contributes to the dissemination of scientific knowledge and real scientific facts with an Open Stream dedicated to the coronavirus epidemic that is ravaging our societies.
Download the full PDF version: ENGLISH
The current circumstances that we are experiencing, with the massive spreading of Covid-19 from the Far East to Europe, to the US and to the rest of the world, motivate us to publish a special issue of Substantia dedicated to the coronavirus epidemic that is ravaging our societies. The reasons are:
- Publish significant scientific contributions on this topic.
- Reaffirm our views in terms of Open Access, Open Data, free circulation of ideas and results.
- Oppose real scientific facts to fake news.
Concretely, our project is to publish one special volume on different subjects such as:
- Up-to-date review(s) on coronavirus research
- The Chemistry of antiviral drugs
- The history and perspectives of Immunochemistry, from vaccines to monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies
- Social/economic consequences of epidemics
- The responsibility of humans in the spreading of epidemics
- Historical insights from previous epidemics (plagues, Spanish flu, etc.)
- Relevance of open data instant exchange for a fast moving society
As the situation changes very quickly, we will create an “Open Stream” section of Substantia to speed up the publication. Shorter contributions such as preprints and editorials will be particularly appreciated.
This project will be an open lab, work in progress for the entire duration of the Covid-19 emergency.
Authors are encouraged to submit their contributions under the dedicated section “Covid-19 Emergency Open Stream Contribution” in the Substantia editorial system, by following the link:
The contributions will be promptly shared and promoted. Because of the fast running spread of the epidemic with continuous updates and new information, in order to avoid delays and expedite the publication, the contributions will be subjected to a special peer review process.
After peer-review and revision each contribution will be published online as Just Accepted article. The DOI code and descriptive metadata will be immediately available for download and quotation.
Once the Open Stream is closed, the contributions that are published as Just Accepted version will be edited and published in the final version. The DOI code will not change until the final registration of the publication record.
Languages: all the contributions must be in American or UK English.
The Author Guidelines are available here: