The Italian Association of Agrometeorology (AIAM) was founded in 1997 by a group of enthusiasts, now has more than a hundred of active members and houses a number of researchers and technicians from different origins (universities, research institutions, public service).
The fascination of our discipline lies in the vastness of an approach which has its “roots” in Atmospheric Physics, in Biology and in Agronomy, as well as the ability to establish original connections between them, giving answers to specific problems. Agrometeorology is therefore a real “boundary science”, designed to enhance the links between all these lines of research that focus their attention on agricultural and forest ecosystems.
The Association has the following purposes and objectives:
- to enhance, promote and protect the professional figure of the agrometeorologist;
- to encourage contacts between operators and the dissemination of information;
- to support initiatives of dissemination, training and updating;
- to assist the development of technical standards;
- to promote the connection between service and research activities;
- to guarantee the development of a network of relationships with associations and professional groups who work in meteorology, climatology, environment and agriculture.