This will be the opportunity to reflect on how the application of geotechnologies has changed over time, and how it has allowed for further the conservation, safeguarding, reconstruction and sustainable management of cultural heritage. Articles may address the interface between geotechnologies and cultural heritage from different perspective (historical, socio-political, economic, technological, environmental and cultural dimensions), at a variety of scales and in any contexts.
Contributions (review papers, commentary, essays) are called on a broad range of topics, such as:
- The history of the application of geotechnologies to cultural heritage.
- Online and open access resources.
- Teaching and learning geotechnologies within university cultural heritage studies programmes: students’ and teachers’ perspectives.
- Best practices in establishing transdisciplinary teams/programmes towards integrating geotechnologies in managing and monitoring cultural heritage.
- The role of international organizations in promoting the application of geotechnologies in cultural heritage sector.
- Geotechnologies for monitoring natural and cultural heritage.
- Geotechnologies and intangible cultural heritage.
- The future of geotechnologies for cultural heritage: the development of a new type of cultural heritage.
- Ethical issues, cybersecurity and data ownership.
Schedule and guidelines
Authors are invited to send the title and the abstract (maximum of 1000 characters, bibliography and spaces included) by 30th of November 2022.
An answer will be given within 15th of January 2022. The selected author(s) will have to submit their complete manuscript no later than 1st of March 2023. The contributions can be submitted in Italian, French, Spanish or English and must not exceed 40.000 characters (spaces, foot/end-notes, and bibliography included).
Prior to submitting the paper, authors are kindly asked to check the Guidelines for Authors (https://riviste.fupress.net/index.php/bsgi/about/submissions – http://societageografica.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/BSGI_guidel_en.pdf )