The Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA) is seeking to appoint a new Editor in chief for Bio-Based and Applied Economics (BAE) and two Associate Editors for the period July 2020-June 2024.
Candidates should be familiar with the agricultural and applied economics profession, and have an extensive knowledge of the relevant literature.
They should have a good publishing record and reviewing expertise. Additional qualifying features are:
• experience as a member of the Editorial Board of a scientific journal;
• a stimulating vision regarding the position and development of BAE;
• ability to work in a team and to manage deadlines;
• good expertise with supporting web applications and dissemination through social media.
Profile of BAE
BAE is a free open-access on-line journal promoted by AIEAA.
Although mainly devoted to scholars and well established researchers, BAE also encourages submissions by young researchers, teams involved in ongoing research projects and also relevant actors in the field of bio-economy and related public policies. BAE publishes contributions on the economics of bio-based industries, such as agriculture, forestry, fishery and food, dealing with any related disciplines, such as resource and environmental economics, consumer studies, regional economics, innovation and development economics. BAE is published by Firenze University Press (FUP) and is indexed in many scientific databases, including ISI-Web of Science.
In Scopus, BAE is indexed with a Citescore 2018 of 1.14 (66th percentile, +32% compared to 2017) (see: https://oaj.fupress.net/index.php/bae for further details). BAE currently operates with two Editors in chief and four Associate editors, one of which is also Managing editor. The normal term for an Editor in chief is 4 years, which can be increased up to a total of 6 years.
Editors duties and method of working
The main duty of the Editor in chief is to provide the publisher with material for publication in the Journal that is of good scientific and presentational quality, selected according to BAE submission and peer-review protocols. The Editor in chief is responsible for organising the work of the associate editors. The associate editors are in charge of managing the assigned papers from the choice of the reviewers to the final decision, including proofreading of accepted papers, including contacts with authors if needed. FUP provides the following support for the editorial process: on-line software for submissions of papers, including on-line tracking and storage facilities for correspondence and documents; all technical and production services from the point of manuscript acceptance onwards to publication.
The BAE Editors do not receive any remuneration.
Applicants are requested to send their application by e-mail before 31 January, 2020 to the AIEAA president Davide Viaggi (email@example.com).
The application must consist of:
1) Curriculum Vitae with specific emphasis on the qualifications required for the Editor in chief and for the Associate editors of BAE;
2) A half-page accompanying e-mail letter, explaining the applicant’s vision for BAE. Applications will be evaluated by a committee including the current Editor-in-chief, the AIEAA President and two members appointed by the AIEAA Board. Potential applicants who would like more information before applying are encouraged to contact the current Editors (see journal website).